Our mission is to foster the use of effective, environmentally benign additives that enhance the performance and durability
of wood products in service through applied and basic research.
This mission supports and confirms
the broader mission of the School of Forest Resources and Environmental
Science, and the corporate mission of MTU in education, at both graduate
and undergraduate levels.
- We promote wood utilization in an environmentally conscientious manner that conserves our forests while meeting the needs of a demanding public.
- We assist in the development of economically and environmentally sound wood preservative systems.
- We endeavor to understand how wood preservative systems interact with wood, woody decay fungi, and wood destroying insects.
- We provide technical and marketing support to the forest products industry, information to the general public, and technical expertise to the "customer".
- We apply problem-solving technologies to advance and insure environmentally responsible and profitable growth in our forest products industries.